giovedì 17 marzo 2011

Essence Metal Glam Eyeliner (Review and Swatches)


BRAND NAME: Essence Metal Glam Eyeliner
WEIGHT: 4 grams / 0.1 fl.oz 
Retail Prize: €2.99 / $3.50



 


I went to OVS after work and when I saw that a lot of Essence stuff are on sale, I tried to pick these fancy metal liquid liners called Essence Metal Glam Eyeliner. I‘m very much used with pencil liners to line my eyes (for me it’s the easiest way of all the ways). I alternately wear black or brown, but this time I have decided to try metal colors. I never tried coloured eyeliners other than black and brown so I got so excited. The colours I picked were:

- 01 Got A Date? -- Dark brown but has a very lil’ metal effect
- 04 Techno Girl -- Purple with some shimmery glitters
- 05 Breezy Beach -- Teal metal blue (MY FAVE!!)
- 06 Pinkadelic -- Hot metal pink


I have listed the following PROS and CONS of the product after a week of use.
Pros:
1. I do love the packaging. The color of the tube is almost the same as the color of the product itself (they usually do this in most of their products, especially in their nail polishes). The plastic material of the tube doesn’t look cheap.
2. The lasting power is amazing. I’m impressed because it lasts the whole day.
3. I got these products for €0.99 each however the normal price is €2.99. If you want to try and play with different eye looks, better try this.
Cons:
1. It takes so much time to dry. The product has a very thin consistency.
2. For you to get the metalized look, you need to apply at least 2-3 coats. It isn’t opaque enough at first application. What I do is I tend to wait for at least 1 minute before I apply the next coat for a more metal opaque look.
3. The brush isn’t that so good. In liquid liners, I prefer fine brush tips for precise application.
4. It isn’t waterproof.
If I were to rate the product I give it a 6 out of 10. The quality isn’t the best however if you try to play and experiment with the colour, you’ll surely love it. Honestly, I will continue to use this coloured liquid eyeliner but I don’t think I’ll repurchase these in the future. By the way my favorite is the blue one. :)



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento